Okponglo (Near Gulf House) South Legon, Adjacent GS PLAZA HOTEL Accra Ghaa
NALAG LOBBIES GOVERNMENT FOR BETTER CONDITIONS OF SERVICE FOR MEMBERS
September 1, 2020
Posted by: NALAG
NALAG on 6th August paid a call on the Vice President of the Republic, H.E. Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia at his office in the Jubilee House to present some proposals towards the promotion of good governance at the local level and enhanced performance of Local Government Authorities (LGAs) in Ghana.
The delegation which was made up of representatives from the National Executive Council, Sub-Committee of NEC and National Secretariat was led by the President of the Association, Hon. Bismark Baisie Nkum.
Some of the issues discussed includes:
1. Early procurement of motorbikes for Assembly Members to aid in the discharge of their duties.
2. Enhanced Allowance for Assembly Members
3. Government support to the MMDAs for the payment of equitable Ex-Gratia for Assembly Members
4. Government support to MMDAs towards valuation of properties in the Districts.
5. Revisiting the issue on election of MMDCEs which was put on hold due to lack of consensus among various stakeholders.
The Vice President noted that the issues will be looked at during cabinet meeting and the best measures will be put in place to enhance and promote good performance at the Local Level. He assured the Association of Government Commitments towards the agenda of Decentralization.
In attendance was also the Minister for Local Government and Rural Development, Hon. Hajia Alima Mahama, who also gave assurance to take the matters up to cabinet for further deliberation.