CALL FOR PROPOSAL: Support to Deliver a Training on Advocacy/Lobbying and Resource Mobilization
- January 16, 2024
- Posted by: NALAG
- Category: Uncategorized
Terms of Reference
|Support to Deliver a Training on Advocacy/Lobbying and Resource Mobilization
|Partnerships for Municipal Innovation – Women in Local Leadership (PMI-WILL)
|Purpose of assignment:
|Prepare and deliver a training to NALAG Women’s Caucus to enhance the capacity of women to effectively advocate for their rights and interests.
|Consultant to FCM/NALAG
|Number of Positions
|Level of Effort:
|A maximum of 1o working days
Commensurate to Local Rates for Assignment and Expertise
|Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist, PMI-WILL project.
The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) has signed a contribution agreement with Global Affairs Canada (GAC) for a six-year project entitled Partnerships for Municipal Innovation – Women in Local Leadership (PMI-WILL). PMI-WILL intends to contribute to improved quality of life for women and girls, in particular those from marginalized groups, in Benin, Cambodia, Ghana, Sri Lanka and Zambia. The project will use a two-pronged approach to achieve this goal:
- Increasing the participation and enhancing the role of women as leaders and decision-makers in local governance
- Increasing the effectiveness of local governments in delivering inclusive, gender-responsive public services
FCM is implementing the project in collaboration with the National Association of Local Authorities of Ghana (NALAG), selected local governments/municipalities and other selected partners, including relevant Ministries, CSOs, political parties and women’s rights organizations.
In as much as women make up majority of the world’s population, their representation and participation in decision making remain relatively low. The few women who find themselves in decision making spaces face myriad of challenges thus making it difficult for women to effectively function in these spaces. Most decision-making spaces are presently dominated by men, some of whom make it difficult for women to get into the same space. The Partnerships for Municipal Innovation – Women in Local Leadership (PMI-WILL) strives to increase the capacity of women, from marginalized groups, to be effective in decision making spaces. To achieve its outcome, FCM seeks to enhance the capacity of women’s networks by training them in useful skills such as advocacy, lobbying and resources mobilization to empower them to effectively advocate for their rights and interest to contribute to breaking the barriers to women’s effective and equitable participation in local governance.
- OBJECTIVE OF ASSIGNMENT
Under the general direction of the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist and the National Association of Local Authorities of Ghana (NALAG), the consultant will support to facilitate a training session for the NALAG Women’s Caucus which is a network of elected women officials in Ghana. The training is to empower the women to be effective in their role as decision makers and empower them to effectively advocate for their rights and interests.
- Build the capacity of the womens’ caucus on advocacy and alliance building, lobbying tactics and strategy for resource mobilization.
- Provide participants with the knowledge and skills to strategically engage and leverage on their roles and positions to promote women’s rights and advance the cause of women.
- Strengthen leadership of the network to perform their mandate effectively
- SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant is expected to do the following:
- Work with Canadian Municipal volunteer to prepare and share a training outline and module to be used in facilitating training for participants.
- Support to deliver four day’s training for women’s caucus.
- Support to undertake pre-training and post training evaluation as part of the training.
- Identify and share useful and relevant resources for training participants before, during and after the training sessions.
- Prepare a training report, inclusive of pre-training and post-training evaluation assessment.
- QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE
– Master’s Degree or higher education qualification in Development Studies, Human Rights, Communication, Gender studies or any related discipline
– Minimum 7 years’ experience, working in the advocacy and lobbying, resource mobilization, leadership building
– Experience in building capacities of diverse groups using adult teaching and participatory methods
– Experience in working with women’s groups and networks
-Experience on developing gender and advocacy trainings is a plus
- KEY DELIVERABLES & TIMELINES
|Training outline and module
|Delivery of training
- APPLICATION/FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS
Please submit a proposal (no more than 1 page) indicating a methodology, a work plan, and a daily rate. Please note that the costs for the training workshop and consultation will be covered by the project.
Kindly note that payment for the consultancy will be made upon submission and satisfactory review of deliverables.
Kindly submit application by 23rd January 2024.