The National Association of Local Authorities of Ghana (NALAG) is a nationwide organisation and the mouthpiece of all Local Authorities (Metropolitan, Municipal and Districts Assemblies – MMDAs) in Ghana.
Our Vision Statement
A vibrant association that promotes high standards and best practices in local governance and decentralization.
Principal Aims & Objectives
- Promote the development of Local government administration and decentralisation in Ghana through Advocacy and Lobbying.
- Protect the rights, privileges and interests of all member District Assemblies as may be affected by existing and future legislation or policies.
- Assist in maintaining high standards of Local government (Administration) service delivery.
- Provide a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas, experience and information on matters of mutual interest related to local government and decentralisation.
- Co-operate with other bodies and agencies both national and international with identical objectives for the promotion of effective and efficient government service delivery.
- Do all such other lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objective of the association.
Promote good governance at the local level through institutional strengthening, inclusiveness, empowerment of members, lobbying and advocacy for implementation of policies and provision of conducive environment for improved performance of Local Government Authorities in Ghana.
NALAG works to achieve its objectives through :
- Advocacy and Lobbying.
- Training and Capacity Building Activities.
- Organization of fora/platforms for good governance, leadership and best practices.
- Research and Development.
- Networking and Collaboration work.
- Public Education.
- Direct Support to District Assemblies.
- Facilitating City to City Links